Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Today I installed a VirtualBox ArchLinux image on a Windows XP PC. This PC is under a corporate network that uses a proxy to access the web. Therefore, I needed pacman to go through the proxy in order to update the system or install anything.
One solution I found is to do "export http_proxy 'http://username:password@url:port'" on the command line. However the problem I had here was that my own password had the character '@' on it. This was confusing the program and could not authenticate against the proxy.
The work around I found is to make pacman use wget to pull packages. I changed /etc/pacman.conf file and uncommented the following line:
Ones that's done, we have passed around the proxy problem to wget. So we need to change the /etc/wgetrc file and activate the following:
That is it! Packman should now work like a charm!
One of the most basic tasks when automating anything in CATIA, it's usually to walk the whole tree and apply some changes to objects in ...
Bitcoin Bloom filters are like mazes with many entries and two ways out, lets call them "no way" and "my way". One decid...
If you happened to be programming in VB.NET and happened to receive an IEnumerable of anonymous objects and if you then need to return the ...
Today I wanted to update a row on an Oracle database table. The PL/SQL query was not difficult at all, however, there was a peculiarity. Som...